Integrate with collaborative tools to streamline bug/issue reporting workflow
Are you a member of a quality assurance team? Do you use awesome screenshot to capture bugs/issues and send them to your project management tools? If you do it very often, you will find it’s a quite tedious process. Here are the steps:
- Take a screenshot of the bug/issue
- Save the screenshot to local disk as a file
- Open your project management tool
- Write a bug/issue ticket
- Add the screenshot as an attachment to the ticket
- Submit the ticket
With new Awesome screenshot for Team feature. The workflow will be simplified as the following steps:
- Take screenshot
- Write a bug/issue ticket
- Submit it.
It’s a great time saver for quality assurance teams.
Currently, Awesome Screenshot supports Slack, Trello, Asana, Github. Let us know if you want to integrate more collaborative apps. Check out the basic introduction video to see how it works!
Support more cloud storage services
You can save screenshots to Dropbox and Box with the basic premium plan now. Saving to Google Drive is free as it was before.
Improve annotation interface
We redesigned the user interface of the annotation page to provide a better user experience.
Support dark theme
Finally, a dark theme for the popup menu is available now. You can enable it in the extension setting page.
Let us know whether you like these changes or send us your feature requests!
We added four annotation types to make the annotation feature more powerful in this new release.
- Call out
We often point an area and explain it to others with annotation. Call out feature is designed with this scenario in mind.
- Insert steps
If you are using Awesome screenshot to make a step by step tutorial, you will love the “Insert steps” feature.
- Insert emojis
Insert expressive emojis to add some fun to the screenshot
- Add picture in the screenshot
With this feature, you can annotate the screenshot with any picture you have, for example, a special logo or watermark.
A picture is worth a thousand words and a video is worth a thousand pictures.
The new screencast feature allows you to:
- Record tab or desktop screen
- Download video as WebM file
- Upload videos to your YouTube or Google Drive account
We are back with a major Awesome Screenshot update.
- Updated annotation tools (you can now rearrange annotations on the image after completion)
- Updated UI (including buttons for saving an image, and overall UI improvements)
- Updated Extension Menu (removed donate option and added direct account info access)
Due to miscommunications with the Chrome Store, we had to re-post our extension, loosing all of our metrics for the past few years.
Please drop by our Chrome Store page and give us a 5 star review if you’ve enjoyed using our plugin.
We have added annotation features directly into our web service. Check out our homepage to try out our annotation functions without the need for any plugin or additional software. Now you can easily re-edit images and upload your own images for annotations.
URL shorten-er also added for shared image links.
We are always aiming to improve Awesome Screenshot, so we want to know how you feel about our product.
Please take a minute to take our quick survey and let us know how we can make Awesome Screenshot better for you!
Thank you for your support.
We have upgraded our servers for faster upload times and just faster speeds overall.
We’ve also added new 5 comment point icons (emoj points), happy, sad, mad, awe and speechless.
We have added some important new features to our service.
Listed below is a list of new features & changes.
- Added “My Projects” option in our plugin, for easy access to your projects in Awesome Screenshot.
- Added the ability to create new projects in the save menu after annotation.
- Added the ability to choose which project to save an image into from the save menu after annotation.
- Added the ability to set a password for users who registered through Google. You may now use a set password with devices that do not have Google services or continue to log into AwesomeScreenshot through Google.
Please check back often for updates, as we still have many more features and improvements in the pipeline!
Most Awesome Screenshot Giveaway On Twitter
The Awesome Screenshot plugin has reached 2 million users on Chrome, now the highest rated, most downloaded image capture and annotation tool on Google.
To celebrate the launching our new image sharing web service, awesomescreenshot.com, we are hosting an image contest on Twitter to give out 100 free premium Awesome Screenshot accounts.
Get a free account and experience the easiest way to host, share, and leave point specific comments (#commentpoints) directly on images.
From now till April 30, 2015, we will be selecting our favorite images posted on Twitter through our Awesome Screenshot web service for free premium account plans ($6 USD value).
All you need to do is follow us on Twitter @awe_screenshot, sign-up for a free Awesome Screenshot account, then share an image with at least 1 comment point through your account to Twitter. Don’t remove the @awe_screenshot or we won’t see your entry!
If your image is selected, you will win a free 6 months of our premium account service, including unlimited projects and image hosting for all your sharing and collaborative needs.
We will posting the images from winners on our Twitter account, so be sure to check in to see if your entry won!
- Total of 100 winners will receive premium account plans for our Awesome Screenshot web service for six months, with an unlimited amount of project and image space.
- Follow us on Twitter @awe_screenshot and share an image hosted on Awesome Screenshot on your twitter account with at least 1 comment point. Best 100 images of our choosing will receive free premium accounts good for six months. (To share an image through Awesome Screenshot, either include the share image URL in the tweet our use the “share” button and choose Twitter)
- 1 winner per Awesome Screenshot account
- We will post / retweet the winners during and at the end of the contest period.
- After being contacted via Twitter by the Awesome Screenshot Team, winners send us a screenshot of following us on Twitter, and your Awesome Screenshot account email to email@example.com
- Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be ineligible
- Promotion period from 4/3 – 4/30/2015
Awesome Screenshot is proud to introduce our own image hosting, sharing, and point specific commenting service. Users will now be able to store images permanently and leave comments on images shared with Awesome Screenshot. Therefore, storing an image thru Awesome Screenshot will replace the temporary storage option in the save menu. Users will also be able to manage, share, and comment on stored images thru our website. Please sign-in or create an account on our website to experience the easiest way to share and leave point specific comments on any image!
Awesome Screenshot has hit 2 million users on Chrome!
To show our appreciation for making Awesome Screenshot plugin the top rated and most downloaded web capture tool on Chrome, we are getting rid of paid features and providing all our users with the desktop capture feature for free.