We’re excited to announce that we’re bringing a new icon for the extension with this update! We have made several major improvements on some key features recently. Check them out below!
Improved Entire Page Capturing
- For very long or infinite scroll pages, you can manually end the capturing now.
- New solution for super long pages that cannot be captured before
- You can choose to skip editing process for an entire page screenshot to save it more quickly.
- The overall speed of capturing is faster than before.
- Better performance on more kinds of web pages, e.g. pages with animations
Enhanced Annotation Toolbar
- There’re more color choices available now.
- You can select a color for either text or background when adding text.
- Last used color, font family and font size will be remembered.
- Increased speed of downloading image in PDF format
- Redesigned Options page and more customizable settings
- New feedback form for easier issue reporting
- Paste an image from clipboard with Select a Local Image
- Better permission control over Microphone and Downloads folder
And more to come! We highly appreciate our users’ valuable feedback and suggestions that have helped us improve our product and services. Thank you for your support.
Share your thoughts on this update in comments!
Jira is a powerful issue & project tracking software. Now you can use screenshots to easily report bugs and send feedback to Jira through Awesome Screenshot.
Improved “Capture selected area” when you zoom in/out a page
Improved “Capture entire page”:
- scrollbar will not be captured in screenshots
- works better for pages that contain fixed elements, such as navigation bar
- support capture entire page of Gmail
Integrate with collaborative tools to streamline bug/issue reporting workflow
Are you a member of a quality assurance team? Do you use awesome screenshot to capture bugs/issues and send them to your project management tools? If you do it very often, you will find it’s a quite tedious process. Here are the steps:
- Take a screenshot of the bug/issue
- Save the screenshot to local disk as a file
- Open your project management tool
- Write a bug/issue ticket
- Add the screenshot as an attachment to the ticket
- Submit the ticket
With new Awesome screenshot for Team feature. The workflow will be simplified as the following steps:
- Take screenshot
- Write a bug/issue ticket
- Submit it.
It’s a great time saver for quality assurance teams.
Currently, Awesome Screenshot supports Slack, Trello, Asana, Github. Let us know if you want to integrate more collaborative apps. Check out the basic introduction video to see how it works!
Support more cloud storage services
You can save screenshots to Dropbox and Box with the basic premium plan now. Saving to Google Drive is free as it was before.
Improve annotation interface
We redesigned the user interface of the annotation page to provide a better user experience.
Support dark theme
Finally, a dark theme for the popup menu is available now. You can enable it in the extension setting page.
Let us know whether you like these changes or send us your feature requests!
We added four annotation types to make the annotation feature more powerful in this new release.
- Call out
We often point an area and explain it to others with annotation. Call out feature is designed with this scenario in mind.
- Insert steps
If you are using Awesome screenshot to make a step by step tutorial, you will love the “Insert steps” feature.
- Insert emojis
Insert expressive emojis to add some fun to the screenshot
- Add picture in the screenshot
With this feature, you can annotate the screenshot with any picture you have, for example, a special logo or watermark.
A picture is worth a thousand words and a video is worth a thousand pictures.
The new screencast feature allows you to:
- Record tab or desktop screen
- Download video as WebM file
- Upload videos to your YouTube or Google Drive account
We are back with a major Awesome Screenshot update.
- Updated annotation tools (you can now rearrange annotations on the image after completion)
- Updated UI (including buttons for saving an image, and overall UI improvements)
- Updated Extension Menu (removed donate option and added direct account info access)
Due to miscommunications with the Chrome Store, we had to re-post our extension, loosing all of our metrics for the past few years.
Please drop by our Chrome Store page and give us a 5 star review if you’ve enjoyed using our plugin.
We have added annotation features directly into our web service. Check out our homepage to try out our annotation functions without the need for any plugin or additional software. Now you can easily re-edit images and upload your own images for annotations.
URL shorten-er also added for shared image links.
We are always aiming to improve Awesome Screenshot, so we want to know how you feel about our product.
Please take a minute to take our quick survey and let us know how we can make Awesome Screenshot better for you!
Thank you for your support.
We have upgraded our servers for faster upload times and just faster speeds overall.
We’ve also added new 5 comment point icons (emoj points), happy, sad, mad, awe and speechless.
We have added some important new features to our service.
Listed below is a list of new features & changes.
- Added “My Projects” option in our plugin, for easy access to your projects in Awesome Screenshot.
- Added the ability to create new projects in the save menu after annotation.
- Added the ability to choose which project to save an image into from the save menu after annotation.
- Added the ability to set a password for users who registered through Google. You may now use a set password with devices that do not have Google services or continue to log into AwesomeScreenshot through Google.
Please check back often for updates, as we still have many more features and improvements in the pipeline!